Friday 21 December 2012

The end



Overall I have found the course fun to do and very interesting.

It has been useful on a personal level as I had never Blogged or Twitted before starting the course and I have learnt about resources I didn’t know exist e.g. Prezi. I also really liked NetVibes.

Like many other participants I think the main issue has been IT departments blocking access to various resources.

From a library point of view I would like to use Prezi for a virtual library tour. I will also look at NetVibes as a Library Internet site and make more use of Alerts for help with current awareness services.

I also think library staff have a role in making users aware of these different resources and encouraging them to use them.

2 comments:

  1. I think the idea of prezi used for a virtual tour is fab - do share the link when you get this done!
    congratulations on completing the course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - please can we have an email address to send you a certificate? you can contact me direct (ilk21@cam.ac.uk)
    thanks,
    Isla

    ReplyDelete